top of page
Search
  • bhthompsonarchitec

Local History

Updated: Jan 26, 2021

The town of La Veta dates back to 1862, when Fort Francisco was built. Col. John Francisco came to the valley in 1840 from Fort Garland, building his plaza as a ranch headquarters. The adobe fort, which still exists, was also the railroad station and the post office at various times. Read more here.

7 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comentarios


bottom of page